Terms & Conditions
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADING
These Terms of Trading set out the terms under which Services are sold and provided by Us to business customers through this website, Findasubstitute.co.uk(“Our Site”).Please read these Terms of Trading carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Services from Our Site.You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Trading when ordering Services.If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Trading, you will not be able to order Services through Our Site.These Terms of Trading, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms of Trading, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Contract” ||means a contract for the purchase of our Services, as explained in Clause 7; |
|“Data Protection Legislation” |
|means 1) unless and until EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations, and secondary legislation (as amended from time to time), in the UK and subsequently 2) any legislation which succeeds the GDPR; means the annual membership to Our Site |
|“Order” ||means your order for the Service(s) as described on Our Site; |
|“Order Confirmation” ||means Our acceptance and confirmation of your Order; |
|“Order Number” ||means the reference number for your Order; |
|“Services” ||means the services which are to be provided by Us to you as specified in your Order (and confirmed in Our Order Confirmation); and |
|“We/Us/Our” ||Means Findasubstitute.co.uk which the trading names of Project Control Resources Ltd, a company registered in England under 11432218, whose registered address is 18 Greenway Appleton WA4 3 AD. |
- Information About Us
- Our Site, Findasubstitute.co.uk is owned and operated by us.
Our VAT number is 326347601.
- Our contact details for any further information is email@example.com
- Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice.We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Business Customers and Consumers
- These Terms of Trading apply to business customers only.These Terms of Trading do not apply to individual consumers purchasing Services for personal purposes (that is, not in connection with, or for use in, their trade, business, craft, or profession).
- These Terms of Trading, together with any other terms and, where applicable, Data Processing Agreements referenced herein that are applicable to the Services ordered, constitute the entire agreement between Us and you with respect to your purchase of Services from Us.You acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, assurance, or promise made by or on behalf of Us that is not set out or otherwise referred to in these Terms of Trading and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based upon any statement herein.
- International Customers
Our Services are available to UK customers only.We do not currently accept orders for Services from customers based outside of the UK.
- Services, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all general descriptions of the Services available from Us correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, however, please note that the exact nature of the Services may vary depending upon your individual requirements and circumstances.
- Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not to different Services altogether
- We neither represent nor warrant that all Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online.We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary.[All pricing information is reviewed and updated every Changes in price will not affect any Order that you have already placed (please note sub-Clause 6.8 regarding VAT, however).
- All prices are checked by Us when We process your Order.In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing before proceeding with your Order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed.We will give you the option to purchase the Services at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof).We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond.If We do not receive a response from you within 14 days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
- In the event that the price of Services you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
- Prices on Our Site are shown both exclusive of and inclusive of VAT.If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process.Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend any errors.Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance.Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept.Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that We have accepted it.Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email.Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between Us and you (“the Contract”).
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Your Order Number;
- Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes and other additional charges;
If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances.If We have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 21 days.
- We will try to accommodate and change You may make to your Order but cannot guarantee that we can change it.
- If you change your Order, we will confirm all agreed changes in writing.
- We may cancel your Order at any time before We begin providing the Services in the following circumstances:
- The required personnel and/or required materials necessary for the provision of the Services are not available; or
- An event outside of Our control continues for more than 28 days (please refer to Clause 14 for events outside of Our control).
- If We cancel your Order under sub-Clause 7.8 and We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 28 days.If We cancel your Order, you will be informed by email. Any refunds due under this Clause 7 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services.
- Payment for the Membership will be at an annual cost of £150.00 plus vat. Full payment is needed before you can access the Site and will automatically renewed and re-charges unless you cancel it. .
- All Services will be paid for in advance in the sum advertised on the Site.
- We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- Credit or debit cards
- We will issue a receipted invoice to you upon receipt of payment.
- Provision of the Services
- We will provide the Services with reasonable skill and care. We will make every reasonable effort to provide the Services in a timely manner.We cannot, however, be held responsible for any delays if an event outside of Our control occurs.Please refer to Clause 14 for events outside of Our control.
- Any and all personal data processed by Us (as a data processor) on your behalf (as a data controller) in the course of providing the Services shall be processed in accordance with the terms of a separate Data Processing Agreement between Us and you, as per the requirements of the Data Protection Legislation.
- If We require any information or action from you in order to provide the Services, We will inform you of this as soon as is reasonably possible.Depending upon the nature of the Services you have ordered, We may require information or action such as details of any party with whom you are contracting and or details of any services you are going to provide.
- If the information you provide or the action you take under sub-Clause 9.5 is delayed, incomplete or otherwise incorrect, we will not be responsible for any delay caused as a result.If additional work is required from Us to correct or compensate for a problem arising as a result of delayed, incomplete or otherwise incorrect information or action that you have provided or taken, we may charge you a reasonable additional sum for that work.
- In certain circumstances, for example where there is a delay in you sending Us information or taking action required under sub-Clause 9.5, We may suspend the Services (and will inform you of that suspension by email.
- In certain circumstances, for example where We encounter a technical problem, We may need to suspend or otherwise interrupt the Services to resolve the issue.Unless the issue is an emergency that requires immediate action, We will inform you in advance by email before suspending or interrupting the Services.
- We always use reasonable endeavours to ensure that Our Services are trouble-free.If, however, there is a problem with the Services please contact Us as soon as is reasonable possible via email.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to remedy problems with the Services as quickly as is reasonably possible and practical.
- We will not charge you for remedying problems under this Clause 9 where the problems have been caused by Us, If We determine that a problem has been caused by you, including your provision of incorrect or incomplete information or taking of incorrect action, sub-Clause 9.6 will apply and We may charge you for the remedial work.
- Both We and You will keep the details of the business relationship between us confidential. All Services are provided to You only and cannot be re-sold or in any way disclosed to any third party (unless by operation of law). If you breach this confidence you may be liable to Us in damages.
- Cancelling the Services
Once an order has been placed it cannot be cancelled by You.
- Ending the Contract Because of Something We Have Done (or Will Do)
- You may end the Contract immediately at any time by giving Us written notice in the following circumstances:
- We breach the Contract in a material way and fail to remedy the breach within 14 days of you asking Us to do so in writing;
- We go into liquidation or have a receiver or administrator appointed over Our assets;
- We change these Terms of Trading to your material disadvantage;
- We are adversely affected by an event outside of Our control [that continues for more than 28 days (as under sub-Clause 14.2.5).
- If you wish to cancel under this Clause 11, you may inform Us of your cancellation in any way you wish, however for your convenience. If you would prefer to contact Us directly, please use the details set out in clause 10
- Eligibility for refunds may vary according to the Services ordered.You will be required to pay for Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel (please note that this may include charges for preparatory work that We have undertaken where We have reasonably incurred costs).Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, we will invoice you for the relevant sums.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be issued to you as soon as possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services.
- Our Rights to Cancel
- For cancellations before We begin providing the Services, please refer to sub-Clause 7.8.
- We may cancel the Contract after We have begun providing the Services due to an Event outside of Our control that continues for more than 28 days (as under sub-Clause 14.2.4), or due to the non-availability of required personnel and/or required materials necessary for the provision of the Services.In such cases, [you will only be required to pay for Services that We have already provided up until the point at which We inform you that We are cancelling.Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums if no payment is due from you and if you have already made any payment to Us, such sums will be refunded to you.
- Once We have begun providing the Services, We may cancel the Contract at any time and will give you at least 30 days written notice of such cancellation.You will only be required to pay for Services that you have received.Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums.
- We may cancel immediately by giving you written notice in the following circumstances.You will only be required to pay for Services that We have already provided up until the point at which We inform you that We are cancelling.Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums:
- You fail to make a payment by the due date as set out in Clause 8.This does not affect Our right to charge you interest on any overdue sums as set out in sub-Clause 8.4; or
- Refunds under this Clause 12 will be issued to you as soon as possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- Refunds under this Clause 12 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services.
- Our Liability
- Subject to sub-Clauses 13.3 and 13.4, We will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, for any loss of business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with any contract between you and Us.
- Subject to sub-Clauses13.3 and 13.4Our total liability to you for all other losses arising out of or in connection with any contract between you and Us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be or 50% of the total sums paid by you under the contract in question, whichever is the greater sum.
- Nothing in these Terms of Trading seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any other matter in respect of which liability cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control.Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action by third parties, civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 14 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms of Trading:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Our obligations under these Terms of Trading (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Services as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 28 days We may cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation.Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after the date on which We inform you of the cancellation;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and continues for more than 28 days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so in any way you wish, however for your convenience.
- Communication and Contact Details
- If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, you may contact Us by telephone at 0330 100545 by email at info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- For matters relating to Our Services or your Order, please contact Us by email.
- For matters relating to cancellations, please contact Us by email. We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- All complaints are handled in accordance with Our current complaints handling policy and procedure.
- If you wish to give Us feedback about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us via email.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information of yours that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Trading (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business).If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing.Your rights under these Terms of Trading will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Trading will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your [other] obligations and rights under these Terms of Trading (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us.It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Trading.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Trading are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Trading.The remainder of these Terms of Trading shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms of Trading means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Trading means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Trading from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements.If We change these Terms of Trading at any time, We will give you at least 7 days written notice of the changes before they come into effect.If you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, please refer to sub-Clause 11.1.3.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms of Trading, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- Any disputes concerning these Terms of Trading, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.